ninja_zx11

Ideal separation distance between two 1280Mhz video antennae for diversity?

Hi all,

First of all i would like to thank Thomas for creating a Oracle diversity controller!! I was using eagle eyes and when i tried oracle,its a day and night difference.Oracle is much more faster than eagle eyes.It switches so quick and fast that you don't even notice.Where as eagle eyes takes so much time to switch after the reception on one antenna goes bad.I even tried max sensitivity on eagle eyes but no improvement.

Now to my question.I am running two 1280 RHCP antennae and would like to know how far i should separate them for good diversity setup in which i get minimum multi-path static on my video?Thanks.

Edited by ninja_zx11

Thanks for the positive feedback on the Oracle Diversity controller.

Many users find that about a wavelength in separation (9-inches) is fine for typical 1280MHz RF spatial diversity. But sometimes 3X wavelength (or larger odd numbered distances) is better. There are a lot of opinions on it, so do some experimentation to find the best distance for your installation.

BTW, I'm not an exact antenna placement type of diversity user. I just put one antenna (and its receiver) in a convenient spot, and put another a few feet away, and connect them to the Oracle (or Diversity Demon) controller with some A/V cables. Might not be optimal antenna placement, but my thoughtless method works pretty good for me.

- Thomas

• Like 1

Thanks Thomas for your suggestion.I will try different distance and see which works best.I am going to put everything on one tripod.I have 2 oracle diversity controllers and might try 4 antennae too!! :)