Sign in to follow this  
Engineman

HongKong 800mw system

I have today received an 800mw camera, transmitter and receiver from HongKong, eBay. All works very well, much more range than my 200mw system. However the wiring supplied is complicated and heavy. As I want to install this in one of my RC aircraft, I would like to get rid of the unwanted white phono plug and perhaps hard wire the camera to its transmitter. There is a single wire into four moulded block. Can I just cut off all the plug and socket connectors and hard wire only the things I need? The camera connects to the transmitter with three wires. Yello (signal) red (+) and black (-) The transmitter is connected to the power supply with red / black. Do wires need to be screened?

I intend wiring up to a NiCad with a charging point and on/off switch. Am I missing something or is it this simple?

I have tried using both my receivers, which apart from the name on the front look identical. My original has been modified to give a fine tuning adjustment. Is it likely that the new unit supplied with the 800mw set is any better? Both will be run from a 12 volt power pack to reduce voltage drop, which drifts the frquency.

Be careful as most of these CMOS cameras are 5V powered. Usually a 5v linear reg is fixed in-line in a block on the cable. Check before rewiring and applying 12V...

Heed the warning. The 5V regulators are somethimes hiding in the camera's innocent looking power cable. It is hit or miss, so check carefully.