Sign in to follow this  
MattPaintballer

MicroSizer/Bit Char-G Conversion

I want to turn my MicroSizer into a plane. Your article is great and all, but I would like to do things slightly differently, and some of it is kind of confusing :blink:. I would like to say that I am barely 13 and don't know much about electronics and stuff, so I might not understand what you are talking about (I was completely dumbfounded when you started talking about the RX2 or whatever. The RF power mod made so sense at all to me, and I still don't understand what you did with the PIC thing to the Tx. The MOSFET thing made the slightest bit of sense to me, but only because I know what a MOSFET does. (it like controls current flow or something... I think... :rolleyes:) I would like to keep some things more MicroSizer-related. I was going to use 1, 2, or 3 (depending on how much I would need) toyeast 4.2 motors (42,000 RPM each). Also instead of using the eSky thing, I was going to use something maybe smaller/lighter, like a Whitewing glider for instance, or maybe a balsa plane. I am also going to use a li-po battery. I know of some ways to increase range, so... So currently I need to do the following:

Buy the new motor(s)

Wire the motor(s) up correctly

Wire up a lithium polymer battery instead of the stock NiCD

Get a longer receiving antenna thing

Install a telescopic antenna

Remove the "cripple capacitor"

Improve the stock MOSFET's

Well once I get all that out of the way, I will need help with the electronics.From the list above, all I need to know is how to improve the FET's and I need to determine how many motors I will need. Okay, for the motors, to find the RPM rating you take the name (1.6, 2.2, 3.0, etc.) and multiply that by 10,000. ie for a 3.0 motor you do 3.0x10,000=30,000=RPM rating for a 3.0 motor.

Now for the electronics. What is it that I need to do? How do I make the actuator? Basically what I need to know is how to convert all the car electronics to be compatible with a plane.

I've read all the links that looked helpful, and I know how to make an actuator now. Kind of. I still don't understand how you mount the magnet. I also need to know how you connect the actuator so it responds correctly to the TX, and I don't know how to mount it on the plane. Also can I make my own Li-Po charger? I was thinking that maybe 1 or 2 4.2 motors (42,000 RPMs, 39 newtons per meter (torque mueasurement... means nothing to me but it's got more torque than a 30,000 RPM motor) would be enough to fly the plane pretty fast.

Those links have all sorts of photographs of mounted actuators. Go through them again. It is all there, buried in wealth of related info. I would look for you, but I don't have the free time to do so. Plus, the MicroSizer/Bit Char-G page on this site has photos too.

DIY LiPI Charger:

http://www.shdesigns.org/lionchg.html

LiPO Safety:

http://www.aircraft-world.com/prod_datashe.../liposafety.htm

LiPO Fires:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=209187