veteran

Receivers With IEEE Output Connector

I am a videographer by trade and as such I need to capture my footage better than VHS quality(if possible). I am just beginning to compile a list of parts needed to build such a setup however one roadblock that I have run into is trying to find a receiver that has IEEE(firewire) output(s). Granted that my planned camera will only have a Y/C connector to the transmitter but I am hoping that once the signal is transmitted that I should be able to capture the video signal without it degrading any further.

My plans are to(beside having fun!)compile stock aerial footage of Maui to use in future video projects. If anyone knows of such receivers or have any links, please let me know.

Many, MANY thanks in advance!

Doc Del

The receivers that mate to the lightweight video transmitters, that we use in R/C AP, are not offered with integrated firewire connectivity. However, a good quality wireless system, with high res CCD camera, will offer better than broadcast quality if you feed it into a digital camcorder. You'll get the firewire from the recorder.

Some receivers including an USB2 output along with the video one begin to appear. This could be a good thing to try, but of course the lag problem is again very likely to occur... not an issue if recording is the only goal. The quality is not interface-dependent as long as it's not USB1.1 which has a too low bandwidth for full res capture. The quality will depend on the encoder included in the receiver. When they are available we'll test one to see.

IEEE(firewire)

As a side note, the IEEE designation for firewire is 1394

:)

Bill

Why not just use a slightly larger airplane and put a small digital camcorder inside, firewire it off the tape when you land. I have a pusher airplane easily capable of fitting a digital camcorder in, when I worked with Dave Jones of AUAV down in florida we built an airplane that had 2 camcorders in it and only flew on a saito 100.

Camcorder size now a days is so small, just put a small camcorder in the airplane, want to get fancy put a small video transmitter in the airplane so you can tell what the camcorder is looking at.

Other suggestion is I know some digital camcorders will record a video input on their input component video jack and digitize it and spit it back out on the firewire port real time.

Just my 2 cents.

Matt Klarich

ccrcc1.jpg

Edited by mklarich

Blimy

That's one DAMM Good looking airplane you got there Matt, outstanding color scheme two.

How about giving us a rundown on it's specks.

Wingspan:

Length:

Weight:

Engine Size:

Tank Size:

Payload Size

Who designed it and do they have plans for it do they sell a kit or can I buy one for my self ?

I bet that my dad could build one for me if I asked him.

Timmy D. Jones

Timmy, tell your dad he is a wanker and with the wages you get from him you could never afford such an airplane as this.

Matt Klarich

Uncle Matt

I keep telling him he's a WANKER and that I need a BIG raise and he keep telling me if I don't shut up about it I won't get to eat.

What's a dog to do?

Timmy D. Jones

Chief Design Engineer

AUAV.net

Dave & Timmy, I think you guys need to post a family portrait. Just so people get a little better understanding of what we are talking about. :huh:

Matt

Grassy ass Dave, I hope everyone now understands the puns and jokes involved in this line of postings. Hopefully the guy from hawaii doesn't mind us hijacking his thread. :D

Matt

Uncle Matt

Please post the photos of your airframe that my dad built for you.

Front, Side, Top and Back views should do it.

Thanks

Timmy D. Jones

Chief Design Engineer

AUAV.net :D