I would like to mount a camera on my RC plane that has a good range and I'm new in the field of camera so can any one suggest me a good camera / TX/RX not to expensive for the 1st trial...

Steeve

N.B.

Canada

A lot depends on how much you want to spend and how much work you are willing to do to get it in the air.

Even among the 'barebones' transmitters there is a varying degree of difficulty in getting them in the air.

What is your price range and how much electronics experience do you have?

Best Regards,

Bill

I'm looking at spending 700$ including GPS overlay I already have the Garmin GPS E-trex and Co-Pilot. I'm looking for a camera / TX / RX and GPS overlay. I dont have much experience in the electronic field.

Steeve

Ok, so it sounds like you want to go "plug-n-play" as much as possible.

How much space do you have for all the equipment, and what is your *weight* budget?

The main downside of going completely plug-n-play is that the cables with each piece of equipment can tend to be longer than we need in our application.... For example, the RCA cable that would go between your transmitter and video overlay is going to be at least a meter long, unless you can find a source for very short cables (let me know if you do). Same problem between the video overlay and camera... most cameras come with at least .5m of cable, but some generous manufacturers will give between 1 and 2 meters!

Anyway, it isn't really much of a problem if you have the payload capability and space to manage the wires.

Let us know about the weight and space...

Bill

I have a Alpha60 I have already test it with the GPS on board with 2 external fuel tank and flew for 45 minutes with out any problem and after the flight I transfert all the data on my laptop. But now I would like to get the video feed with the GPS overlay coming in real time. I was looking at the Urban Ready to fly kit from BlackWidow but not to sure if II can hook up the video overlay from http://www.blackboxcamera.com/stv5730a/gps.htm any suggestion of camera or kit / TX / RX there is a link of what my plan look like. http://www.horizonhobby.com/Shop/ByCategor...?ProdID=HAN2600

Thank You for any suggestion.

Steeve

The camera cable on the BWAV200-UFP is hard wired, but I've known folks to cut the cable so they could integrate an overlay board. This would work fine with any of the video overlay boards that I'm aware of.

The Alpha60 is a good size plane so you probably have a respectable payload capability. It will carry the BWAV200-UFP without even breaking a sweat :)

Regards,

Bill

The modification is best left to someone with electronics experience. The system is an expensive bit to fry if you make a mistake.

Now having said that, when you cut the camera cable, you will find a black and red wire... these are power and ground. You will also find a very skinny shielded cable, the center of this is video and the shield is video ground.

If you are at a loss as to what to do next, then I urge you to allow an experienced friend to perform the rest of the surgery.

Good luck,

Bill