Hi Guys,

I am new at this wireless stuff, i put a tx on my plane and the basic rx on the ground they both jave the same whip antenna which are about 4 inches long

i dont know the frequency for my system but i think is 2.4 i bought it from tinywirelles if that helps.

i was wondering can i use a wire dipole of anylength on my receiver matc with the 300 to 75 ohm tv adaptor so as to icrease my quality of reception

i get to much breaks and rain on my videos

thanks

david

ps around here there are no techies fdor this i am in colombia

I would recommend teh Goof Proof Patch in the special projects section of the main page. You need to know the frequency of the system though, so that you can either leave it as is for 2.4GHz or scale it for another frequency. I'm using a 200% scaled one on a 1.2GHz receiver and it made kinda "toyish" system that gave me about 150 feet of range into one that works as far as I can see the plane, with no breakups. It's not hard to make, and you will be surprised at how well it works. I didn't change any thing on the transmitter, it still uses the little stock whip antenna.

i was wondering can i use a wire dipole of anylength on my receiver matc with the 300 to 75 ohm tv adaptor so as to icrease my quality of reception

Sorry the anwer is no, you need to find out the frequency of your system and build an aerial for that. As has been said the GPP is a good place to start. Try reading some old posts and I think you will learn a lot. ;)

Terry