Sign in to follow this  
2raj

How do I transfer the roll and pitch movements to

Hi folks,

I am impressed by your guys in the forum, so I am sure you'll be able make some suggestions to help me out.

I need to transfer the roll and pitch movements of my RC plane to a remote location.

I was thinking of using two gyros, a 2 ch radio and two servos. Here is how...

At the remote location I have the receiver and the servos set up to receive and reproduce the roll and pitch movements.

In the plane I attach the two gyros to the pitch and roll axis. I then take a 2 channel transmitter (obviously one on a different channel and even different frequency to the plane radio) and strip it to the board only.

Now here comes the tricky part (hence why I am calling for your help)... Somehow I connect the two gyros to the transmitters the aileron and elevator controls.

What do you guys think? How do I do this? Or can you think of an easier way to do this?

Thanks heap in advance,

2raj.

I may have missed the point but why are you transmitting to the ground in the first place only to transmit the info back to the plane ?

Terry

The only thing I can think of is he would have a model mounted on a gimbal on the ground, so student pilots could watch what the plane is doing in the air. but with an up close and personal view?

Guys

He is trying to make a roll and pitch attitude indicator so that he can fly the aircraft as if he is flying on instruments.

I did this over 2 years ago and it worked very well.

I have logged over 20 minutes of instrument time on Boom 3, I of course had a safety pilot on the primary transmitter wile I was on the buddy box in the event that I got screwed up the safety pilot could take over and and save the aircraft and prevent hitting any one on the ground and he did have to take over control of the aircraft many times before I finely got the hang of it.

Dave Jones

AUAV.net

Ahh, I think I see now !

In that case the first problem to overcome is to get a gyro that is good enough to be a reference, here we go again....job for the optical AH maybe ?

Terry