Sign in to follow this  
Johnstorm

FMA

I hope one of you guy's can help me out.Does anyone know the part number and make of the 4 pin connector used on the FMA co-pilot sensor head and chip unit.I wish to replace the interconnect cable with one of my own.

All the best Lyn.

I can't pin it down exactly, but I can tell you that it's made by JST and Digikey carries many JST styles. Start by searching under: "connector jst" then pick out the pin pitch and number of circuits. I bet you'll find it.

T.I.

Fine, $5. I have looked and looked for those connectors. Cheap ass ribbon cable, what the heck was FMA thinking put that nasty cable on such a nice product.

Matt

I scoured the JST web site for these connectors,suspecting they would by the probable supplier with no luck!

They apear to be a 2mm pitch but offset height wise.

Anyhow I will keep looking,and have to agree with Matt,I absolutely hate any type of ribbon cable on all equipment.

All the best Lyn.

My connectors are out in the garage right now, so I don't have a way to measure the pin pitch, but look at the upper-left (1.5mm) and lower-right corner (2.0mm) of this page. See figure 1 in each case. It does look like it's a crimp pin receptical that fits the adjacent headers:

http://dkc3.digikey.com/PDF/T043/0077.pdf

Now about that dollar...

T.I.

I agree that the supplied ribbon cable is pretty heavy and bulky stuff. I guess on a big plane--no problem. I changed my cable by making a new one with #30 wire wrap x 4 twisted. Yes, I know that it's solid wire, but the insulation is tough stuff and does not allow it to bend too much. The result was a very strong, light cable (which I made very long). No sign of any wire fatigue since the wire is easy to tape down for strain relief. It would be nice if FMA got their cable act together al little better.

Best,

T.I.

Thanks again for all your post's.As MikeDD sugested the audio cable for internal cd drive connection does fit,so this may be an avenue.

Lyn.

Problem with those CD-rom audio connectors are they never use all 4 pins when they make them. The connector has left, ground, ground, right and they always share the ground.

If you can find the pins that fit into those connectors and crimp new cables with all 4 conductors you will be in business.

Matt Klarich

Hi All.

Seems T.I. was right! The JST 2mm PH series connectors makes all the right noises,I broke out the trusty calipers last night and the dimensions tally!

Unforunately your Digikey page and my Digikey page don't tally.So I can't find this connector in my catalog.I'll mail Digikey shortly to see if I can amend this oversite.

As an aside I can recieve items from Digikey in Thief river to U.K. in 48 hours!!I think thats amazing.We really did'nt need Concord after all!!

C'ya Lyn.