Sign in to follow this  

Removable wireless setup

I have a couple of camera planes and the helicam, but I wanted to promote interest in wireless AP with my fellow RCers. I built this setup all inclusive, the only thing you have to add is a battery pack. Its great showing the video from YOUR plane while its up there, the concept REALLY hits home when you put a camera setup in THEIR plane in about ten minutes time and theyre up and flying and you and your friends are watching video from their plane and recording it for them. After I get home, I edit it for them and convert it to the media of their choice and give it to them the next time I see them. Its been a big hit so far!

I also happened to be at the field when a couple of Univ of FL grad students were working on their paper using a MiG 27 drone and I offered to put the camera setup on the drone. It really helped their presentation as they were able to put video with the telemetry they were recording and it didnt cost them time in setup.

So all you APers out there this may be a way to get e few more vid-pilots out there!

BTW the setup is a Blackwidow AV KX-121 camera and 200mw transmitter and an on/off switch. the antenna jack is in the back. the box is a Rad Shack project case.

Edited by KE4UVQ