Sign in to follow this  
Jewel's hubby

Pencam 1.3 switch

I just finished and tested the pencam switch project. It works great!!!!!!!!!!!!

I first tried it on the retract channel and then the Aux channel of my Airtronics, but neither worked. Then I plugged it into the 4th or rudder channel and GANG BUSTERS!!!!!!!! I was afraid that my 71 year old dexterity had failed me. I would like to use the 5th or 6th channel. If anyone can help me on this I would appreciate it. The last "little bitty" soldering I did was on an R/C heathkit radio I built in 1972.

Hey, you guys that are looking to buy a readymade switch, should jump in and try to build your own. The only special equipment I used was a 30W iron with the tip cut down with my Dremel tool.

That is odd that it does not work on your Aux and Gear channels. I assume that you mean that the camera turns on (powers up) when plugged in, but does not react to the shutter command from the Tx.

Just plug a servo into the wayward channel for testing. Does the servo travel end to end, as compared to the working rudder channel? If not, then check to see if the Tx's endpoint mix (ATV, EPA, T-ADJ) is set to 100% on the channel you wish to use.

Thanks for responding Cam-Man. There are no adjustments on the retract or Aux channels. BUT!!!!!!!!!!!! I had the cam plugged into channel 8/Batt. When I plugged into 6 everything worked great. Thanks for the heads up. I don't think I will try anymore micro soldering though. I burned a little plastic on this one. Nothing serious though. Thanks again for a great project. Bill