Sign in to follow this  
morph

Photomos Supplier?

Does anyone know of a UK based supplier for the AQV212 photomos relay used in the PanCam auxillary switch circuit? Have tried RS, Maplin, Farnell, Rapid with no joy - they are saying 2 months if they can get any from Matsush*ta!

OR..... Is there an alternative that I can easily use and get hold of?

Thanks in advance.

The NEC PS710A-1A is a direct sub. It can even handle more current.

I'm not sure what you are trying to control. Perhaps you don't need the sophistication of a optically isolated output? If not, then a transistor can be driven by the PIC.

Thanks for the info Mr RC-Cam.

Am trying to control a video camera using a simple switch plugged into the lanc control or wired remote control of the video cam. The one that comes with the camera is basically just a series of jumpers which are closed when the appropriate button on the remote is pressed - takes about 3-4 Volts. Thought I could use the auxillary switch on the PanCam system to do something similar.

By the way, this is my first PIC project and after I discovered your site I bought a PIC Programmer from Ebay for £15, downloaded IC-Prog, got some freebie PICs from Microchip, soldered the circuit together last night, programmed the PIC and it works a treat! Now just got to rig the camera and get it to switch remotely. Hmmmm

I have a hunch that you can use a traditional optoisolator with NPN-type transistor output. There are hundreds of choices in that area.

Thanks for the tip

I have found I can get hold of AQV210 optos but these have a max current rating of 130mA instead of the 400mA of the AQV212. Can I use these instead as I'm not sure how to set up the transistor switch you suggest.

The current you need to switch is probably under one mA. So, I expect you will be safe with the AQV210.