Sign in to follow this  
che

Small Cheap Mac OS X compatible digital cam

I'm looking for a small cheap digital camera to use with a r/c airplane to take aerial pictures. I was recommended this camera http://www.aiptek.com/Merchant2/merchant.m...tegory_Code=SP1 but I'm not sure if it'll work with Mac OS X.

If this won't work, I am looking for the smallest cheapest digital camera (1 megapixel and up). I want a cheap camera (<$100) since I might crash my plane and destroy it. I know there are lots of cheap digital cams to chose from at my local electronics store, but a lot of them say windows only. I know OS X supports most cameras (canon, nikon, olympus, sony etc), but what I really want is a cheap no-name camera, and those ones are less likely to be supported. Any camera with a removable memory card will work, because I can just get a card reader for it... but a lot of the cheap ones have built in memory.

Can anybody recommend me a cheap small camera?

Cool, that sounds good, and about in my price range.

Any idea if I can just solder a clock chip to this one to make it auto take pictures at an interval, or do you know of any cheap camera with an intervalometer?

I just ordered a Parkzone Slo-V (basically the same as a slow stick) and there's an article on here on how to make it's built in expansion "x-port" into a camera shutter control. The clock chip idea might be easier though.....

An LM555C Timer IC might work out. I don't have any schematics to post, so you'll have to workout your own design.

I'm an RC newbie but I've taken a few physics courses on electronics, so I can hopefully figure it out. I read something in pop sci about kite photography and this would be basically the same. The clock chip thing looked pretty simple. I'll let you know how it works out.

(unfortunately I'm in canada and it's too cold to go outside, but I'll be in Florida in February and hopefully I'll get a chance to fly my new plane then)