mstore

hong kong camera antenna improvement

hello!

I just got my cheap hong kong camera system.

It says 203cwas on it. I found out that making a patch antenna for 2,4 ghz would improve the range on this one (for the reviever). the question is: What antenna should i put on the transmitter and how should i mount it on the aircraft? I had a lot of clipping in the picture when i tested it out. The range was 50 (150ft) When i put the reciever at the window and my brother was outside with the cam.

I measured how much power the camera takes and it was totally 96maH at 8v. Could the rf power be calculated from this? How much could the range be improved for this system by using good antennas?

martin

What antenna should i put on the transmitter and how should i mount it on the aircraft?

Use a ground plane on the antenna: http://www.yb2normal.com/antenna3.html. Experiment with the mounting locations until you find one that works best.

I had a lot of clipping in the picture when i tested it out. The range was 50 (150ft) When i put the reciever at the window and my brother was outside with the cam.

Range testing around your house is meaningless. You need to be out in a clear open field (far from buildings, cars, metal fences, and such).

Could the rf power be calculated from this?

No. But this site says the 203cwas is 10mW: http://www.sportsvenue-technology.com/cont...ation/lianyida/

How much could the range be improved for this system by using good antennas?

With a good patch on the Rx and a groundplane on the Tx, I suspect you will triple you current range.

I may have missed it somewhere in all of these posts, but I would like to install a ground plane antenna on my 1.2 Ghz Hong Kong TX. It currently has a single wire antenna and I would like to know if this is something that can be done to make improved transmit signal and focus.

I have seen that RC-Cam man has taken one apart and showed us the inside, but where would I make the 2 connections (for ground plane) as there is only 1 antenna wire coming out of the TX.

Any help or direction would be appriciated. Thanks C-YA RL