Sign in to follow this  
beanian

Aircraft Video Project

Hi,

I have an arising star trainer r/c plane and im hoping to install a small video camera in it. I just have two problems:

1.Where on the plane can i mount the camera??Im hoping to get as close to a pilots eye view as possible. have a look at the picture of my model below and if anyone has any ideas just post them up!!!

2.Also im thinking of purchasing a camera system off ebay one similar to the one below

Ebay Wireless Camera

it seems to good to be true especially when u guys are talking about much more expensive models.

thanks

ian

dublin

Ireland

post-5-1106260972_thumb.jpg

Edited by beanian

Where on the plane can I mount the camera??

Anywhere you want. But, the oil from the exhaust will blur the camera if you are not careful with your chosen location. So, observe where the smoke and goo is going and avoid those areas.

it seems to good to be true especially when u guys are talking about much more expensive models.

Some folks like those cheap Hong Kong systems. Especially if the expectations are low. But if it was me, I would look for one did not have a tuning knob on the receiver. Also, consider using one that is equipped with a CCD camera instead of the CMOS type. And if you want to be legal, choose a system that is allowed in your country (a ham license will probably be required too).

If you have high expectations then skip the low cost Hong Kong systems altogether. Most folks that stick with R/C aerial video quickly outgrow them.