Sign in to follow this  

My surface based pan/Tilt/camera/cctv combo is a power management nightmare.

The 75Mhz Rx requires 4.8V, the camera requires 7.2V, and the CCTV Tx requires 12V.

Until now, I have been using the camera's on board battery pack to power the camera, but this has proven to be the "weak link" in the system. I have been using a 12V battery pack and a step down voltage regultaor to get the 4.8V. This works just fine, but now I would like the camera to draw power from the main battery source.

I have ordered a 7.2V 3300mAh battery pack as the main supply. I will use a step-up voltage regulator to get the 12V required for the CCTV Tx.

My Hitech Eclipse 7 says that the digital servos can take the 7.2V, but I may opt to use conventional servos. It would be nice to eliminate the 4.8V converter and power the Rx and servos directly from the 7.2v source.

Will this ring the death nell for my conventional servos?

Tom

I have found that some r/c systems jitter when they are run from 7.2v. Why not use a LM2940OCT voltage regulator it only takes up a very small space.

Terry

One problem with the 7.2V pack is that the voltage will be nearly 9V when hot off the charger. It is hard to say what the long term effect will be.

The 5V DC-DC switcher discussed here is very low cost and extremely efficient: http://www.rc-cam.com/dc-dc.htm