Sign in to follow this  
SHOCHU00

TINY TRAK 3 CONNECTOR

:unsure:

HELLO ALL,

I HAVE RECENTLY BUILT TWO BYONICS TINY TRACK 3 ENCODER MODULES FOR USE WITH MY UAV PROJECT. RECENTLY, I DISCOVERED THAT IT IS POSSIBLE TO BUILD SOME SORT OF CONNECTOR THAT WOULD ALLOW ME TO SEND MY GPS AND OTHER TELEMETRY DATA BACK TO MY LAPTOP USING THE AUDIO OUTPUT ON MY 1.2GHZ TX. I REALLY WOULD LIKE TO KNOW HOW TO BUILD THIS TT3 TO TX OUT CONNECTOR, MOREOVER, WHAT SORT OF CONNECTOR NEEDS TO BE PRESENT ON THE RX AUDIO INPUT . THE VB.NET GROUNDSTATION SOFTWARE THAT I AM WRITTING NEEDS TO USE THIS DATA TO MAKE MY ACITVE X GAUGES WORK. IF THIS DOES NOT TURN OUT TO BE A DISASTER I WILL SHARE MY RESULTS.

BEST REGARDS,

BERNARD

No real connector needed. Just take the audio out from the Tiny Track and put it into the audio in of you transmitter. (If you have 2 channels of audio you can use one for the TT3 and the other for regular audio).

On the ground you go from the audio of your receiver to the audio input on your laptop. In my case I had to use mic in. The audio in levels were too low and would have required some kind of pre-amp.

Then one easy way to get it translated back to pakets is by using AGWPE (take a look at http://www.qsl.net/soundcardpacket/appnetwork.htm for more info on it.)

there's also a dev package that you can get on the author's site. Also take the code for the packet listener to give you a good idea of how to use AGWPE in your own stuff.

And then you can use any APRS tracking software if you simply want to display the location of your plane on a map. I've tried several but so far my favourite one is UI-View (http://www.uiview.com/).

Cheers,

Mike