I have an old transmitter to gut.

I have an airplane that looks good but is unflyable

I have lots of servos.

How about a wired control system to set the plane on a ball mount with 3 axis motion (not full rolls or loops ... just tilt some and bank some and wag the tail) and run an ESC to spin a propeller real slow with a gear box?

I saw the servo driver posted that requires PIC programmiing.. I can't do it. No programmer.. no idea who to get to progarm 4 chips.

If it works with long pot extensions between the driver board and the pots... I'd mount the 4 boards in the model (its huge... Fokker Dr1 by GP) and run the (ethernet cable?) wires out the antenna hole of the TX box.

Basicly.. something to set on a table at the anual club Mall show beside the computer flight sms and show how the models are expected to respond.

I litteral flew the wings off the Fokker Dr1... shattered the center wing in flight.... but managed to land it. Overpowered and too many "blenders" No complaints about it... and it looks too good to just crush into the trash. (but too many stress fractures to want to risk flying it even though I repaired them all)

Someone want to help me figure out how to make it work so I can show it to kids? (Promote the hobby. Totally not for profit here.)

I can make the ball mount.. I can link up all the control system to the servos (I figure there will be a bit of "mixing" show on the airplane's movement on the ball but I may be able to cure it)...

Just haven't figured out the box. (because I'm electronically impared :rolleyes: )

FHH

AMA 506771

fhhuber

Go to Marlin P Jones & Assoc.Inc. at http://www.mpja.com/directview.asp?product...Go.x=13&Go.y=13

look at this servo motor driver kit # 8402-kit for $18.36

It will control 4 servos and uses 4 pots configured as voltage dividers to deliver 0 to 5 volts to the 4 A to D inputs of the PIC to control the servos.

You can mount the PC board in the old transmitter case and use the control stick pots of the transmitter case as the voltage dividers. Then connect the output ot the 8402-kit to the servos with a 6 conductor cable two of the conductor will provide the +5 volts and ground to power the servos and the remaining 4 conductor will provide signal pulse from the board to the servos.

It can all be power from a 5 volt battery in the transmitter case.

If you have any questions please contact me at the address and numbers listed below.

Thanks.

Dave Jones

AUAV.net

Phone: 941-723-9058

Cell: 941-238-8394

Fax: 941-723-3823

Skype Name dave-jones

email dave-AT-auav.net

U.S. Mail

1802 8 th. St. W..

Palmetto Florida

fhhuber

You said that you are "electronically impared"

If you don't think you can build it give me a call and I will give you a price for building it for you.

I have 5 of the #8402 servo driver kits instock.

Thanks.

Dave Jones

AUAV.net

Phone: 941-723-9058

Cell: 941-238-8394

Fax: 941-723-3823

Skype Name dave-jones

email dave-AT-auav.net

U.S. Mail

1802 8 th. St. W..

Palmetto Florida