Sign in to follow this  
MooMan7777

Robotic Camera Control

I've been browsing the internet, this forum, and many other places trying to find a controller (preferably plug and play) similar to the Carvec system that when given a signal input from my extra r/f receiver slot it locks a 2 axis servo controlled camera mount onto a single position in space (ie: the model moves and the camera stays pointed at the same location), and when I turn off the switch the camera swings to the front, neutral position

The most important feature is that it has to be small and very light weight

controller ~10g

camera + transmitter 9g

2 axis mount 11g

the camera and mount system is already designed and I cant conceive of any way to lighten it anymore...not that I don’t continually try...

needless to say i need a controller to run this thing

any help would be greatly appreciated

(please note that I am a mechanical engineer with minimal programming skills, which is why I would prefer a plug and play system)

Edited by MooMan7777

If you find something please tell, I've been searching for such a thing for years now...

Everything I've seen was generally big and not available without the mechanics, and also at prohibitive prices.

Yep....we would all like one of those. Without using 3 HH gyros I dont know where to start but 10g ! :o

Terry

what about 2 hh gyro's?

just for the x-y plane (rotation)

and the x-z plane (up and down)

and how about these?

http://www.fxaeromodels.com/product_info.p...roducts_id=1589

i'm not sure how to activate them with the transmitter either...

i've got the servo's all picked out though

humm, what about 360 degree travel from a servo...

ok, i've got tons of questions, i really need help

Yep, looks like its worth a try with those. Remember that the camera will stay pointing at the same angle and not track a target on the ground.

Terry

Edited by Terry

You will have a good time adjusting the gains, but it will work, I remember a guy maybe 2 years ago (at the time of the MSN group) who had done it.

No such thing exists, not for the weight specs that you ask. Gyros will help but their output has to be postprocessed to work correctly with the servos. You can try using co-pilot for attitude stabilization. But I believe yb2normal tried it and didn't find co-pilot to be fast enough to compensate for quick aircraft movements. A lot depends on how much and how quickly your aircraft's attitude changes and how stable you want the video to be.