Mr.RC-Cam

RCFS-V2: New FailSafe with Glitch Filtering.

If you need to see if you have a valid R/C signal then turn on the R/C Tx. If you only care to know if the PIC is alive then it will blink for a moment at power up to announce it is alive and well. If the R/C pulse is missing (or bad) the LED will stay on, otherwise it will go out.

Hi!

My RCFS is working fine with a Futaba FP-R127DF.

I am trying with a Kyosho Perfex (in a Kyosho DST) and it's not working. Not compatible?

[]'s

Ismael

Edited by iscarelli

I am trying with a Kyosho Perfex (in a Kyosho DST) and it's not working. Not compatible?

I don't have any experience with that R/C system. If its receiver outputs standard R/C pulses, then it should work. Since it doesn't, the only immediate explanation is that the Perfex's R/C pulses are unusual. To know for sure, measure the R/C servo waveform going into RCFS-V2 using your o-scope and post some waveforms.

Hi!

I did some tests and the Kyosho receiver can control my Futaba S3003 servo and my Futaba receiver can control Kyosho servo.

Can you indicate any project of o-scope to use sound card?

[]'s

Ismael

Sorry, but I can't make any recommendations for sound card o-scopes. I don't use them.

During your tests with RCFS-V2 you should disable the low voltage detection feature to minimize the reasons for non-operation. Do not turn the feature on until you observe correct operation with the Perfex receiver. Also, ensure that the operating voltage is 5V.

Sorry, but I can't make any recommendations for sound card o-scopes. I don't use them.

During your tests with RCFS-V2 you should disable the low voltage detection feature to minimize the reasons for non-operation. Do not turn the feature on until you observe correct operation with the Perfex receiver. Also, ensure that the operating voltage is 5V.

Hi!

What specifications of scope I need to read rx to servo signal?

To disable the Low Voltage I just need to close the jumper?

[]'s

Ismael

Any typical o-scope will be able to read the servo pulse. Specifications to a standard servo pulse are shown in the project text in the section titled "Timing is Everything."

To disable the Low Voltage Detection you can install a jumper from PIC pin 3 to Ground.

Any typical o-scope will be able to read the servo pulse. Specifications to a standard servo pulse are shown in the project text in the section titled "Timing is Everything."

To disable the Low Voltage Detection you can install a jumper from PIC pin 3 to Ground.

Hi!

I have any experience with scope. :(

I need to know how much Mhz I need in a scope. I will try to find someone to read the servo pulse to me.

--

[]'s

Ismael

Basically, any modern o-scope is fine. The servo pulse is very low frequency. Since it is hard to find a modern scope with less than 5Mhz Bandwidth, then I will say you should borrow one that is at least that much. The main concern is that the scope should should have reasonable calibration so that you can trust what is measured.

Basically, any modern o-scope is fine. The servo pulse is very low frequency. Since it is hard to find a modern scope with less than 5Mhz Bandwidth, then I will say you should borrow one that is at least that much. The main concern is that the scope should should have reasonable calibration so that you can trust what is measured.

Hi!

I am trying someone to read this to me.

It's not possible do develop a software on PIC to save all received data? And them compare with Futaba results?

[]'s

Ismael

It's not possible do develop a software on PIC to save all received data? And them compare with Futaba results?

Sure, that is possible. With microcontrollers, the sky is the limit. To create such things, all it takes is plenty of free time and good programming skills.

I just Googled Kyosho Perfex and I see that they offer several R/C systems with that name. Exactly which one do you have? Please provide a link to its instruction manual. If you have the new Spread Spectrum system, then the RCFS-V2 is not compatible with it since the design is for standard PPM R/C systems.

Hi!

I don't know enough to do this with a microcontroller.

Tomorrow I will take the receiver on a eletronic school to do some tests.

The radio system:

Rx: Perfex KR-3

Tx: Perfex KT-3HS

[]'s

Ismael

Allowed Framerate is 38Hz to 62Hz (26mS to 16ms). Beyond that, in the eyes of RCFS-V2, it is a corrupt frame period.

Allowed Framerate is 38Hz to 62Hz (26mS to 16ms). Beyond that, in the eyes of RCFS-V2, it is a corrupt frame period.

Hi!

There is a way to change this limit to 15ms?

[]'s

Ismael

It would require customizing the firmware for your system.

Honestly, your framerate is unusual. It may be a deliberate design, but it could easily be that something goofy is going on with your R/C transmitter. All I can find on your system is that it is a old 27Mhz design that was very low cost. It might have a NE5044 R/C encoder IC in it. If it does, changing the framerate to a more standard period (20mS) is about as easy as changing one resistor.

If there is FCC ID registration number on the outside of Tx then post the full number and maybe I can find more data on the system. Otherwise, open up the Tx's case, look inside, and report the IC's part number. Also, post some very clear close-up photos of the PC board showing the main IC.

It would require customizing the firmware for your system.

Honestly, your framerate is unusual. It may be a deliberate design, but it could easily be that something goofy is going on with your R/C transmitter. All I can find on your system is that it is a old 27Mhz design that was very low cost. It might have a NE5044 R/C encoder IC in it. If it does, changing the framerate to a more standard period (20mS) is about as easy as changing one resistor.

If there is FCC ID registration number on the outside of Tx then post the full number and maybe I can find more data on the system. Otherwise, open up the Tx's case, look inside, and report the IC's part number. Also, post some very clear close-up photos of the PC board showing the main IC.

Hi!

Tx have a PIC 12F675 and Rx have a HEF4013.

I will take some photos now.

W3FJW-Ron: I am thinking to buy this PC oscope: http://www.sureelectronics.net/goods.php?id=397.

[]'s

Ismael

Edited by iscarelli

Thanks for the link iscarelli. It's a bit beyond my budget but I have it bookmarked.

Thanks for the link iscarelli. It's a bit beyond my budget but I have it bookmarked.

It's far away from my budget, but I am analysing.

The price of a normal oscope(with screen) in Brazil is about US$ 750,00 (analog). The USB is the better solution to me.

[]'s

Ismael

With the PIC12F675 being used as the Tx's encoder, I can't offer any recommendations. If it was an older design with a NE5044 IC, changing the frame rate would have been very easy.

With the PIC12F675 being used as the Tx's encoder, I can't offer any recommendations. If it was an older design with a NE5044 IC, changing the frame rate would have been very easy.

I understand.

Can you change the code to put the RCFS working with 14ms (71Hz). You will make me very happy!

[]'s

Ismael

The price of a normal oscope(with screen) in Brazil is about US$ 750,00 (analog). The USB is the better solution to me.

Don't want to make this thread wander too much, but, for iscarelli, here is one I'm trying to determine whether it's any good. If I've done the yuan/USD correctly it's about $38 USD. Might anyone else have any impressions.?

http://babelfish.yahoo.com/translate_url?d...TrUrl=Translate

Don't want to make this thread wander too much, but, for iscarelli, here is one I'm trying to determine whether it's any good. If I've done the yuan/USD correctly it's about $38 USD. Might anyone else have any impressions.?

http://babelfish.yahoo.com/translate_url?d...TrUrl=Translate

Hi!

I like this!

In the order page don't list PayPal. I send an e-mail asking about this.

[]'s

Ismael