Sign in to follow this  
Crash Pilot1

Auto pilot with V Tail

Hello

I have order a V tail power glider. This glider looks like it uses the V-tail for rudder and elevator control. It requires mixing in the TX controller to control both flaps.The controller I have is a JR3810 which will handle the mixing.The problem that I have is that I want to install a autopilot and altitude hold device that I have. These devices are designed to use one channel each only.

I am trying to find out a way that I can do this. I was thinking if I could get a 2 channel inline mixer I could have the rudder channel from the RX and the Elevator channel from the RX going into the mixer and then have the mixer controll the V-Tail for both rudder control and elevator.

Does anyone know if there is a mixer like this available or does anyone know another way of doing this.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Crash Pilot1

Exact, such things exist, named V-Tail mixers. Just ask in a R/C store, they should know what you're talking about.

They are mainly used with non-programmable transmitters.

Guys

I am still installing the gear into my airframe. Everytime I get started working on it Mr RC-Cam brings out a new project so I have to stop everything to build it.

The problem I have is that I purchased a GWS V-Tail mixer and installed it after the Auto Pilot and Altitude hold PCB on my V Tail plane. I turned everything on and the V-Tail was operating but very slow with stick movements. The altitude and Auto pilot were de activated. Then the mixer stopped working all together.

It was working fine connected just to the receiver and Servo's but when I put the Altitude Hold PCB and Auto Pilot PCB in between it looks like it fried it.

When I test it now with just the receiver I get the servo operating erratic and hitting the servo stops.

Does anyone know if the Altitude hold PCB or Auto Pilot caused this or could it have just been a faulty mixer.

The Auto Pilot and Alti Board work fine without the mixer . The Auto Pilot is a RCAP

Any help would be appreciated.

Crash Pilot1

Hmmm, are you sure they were both deactivated ? Try taking the units out and see if everything is as it should be then install the units one at a time.

Terry