Sign in to follow this  
jf_moreira

LoMA

Hello. Anyone built the LoMA buzzer?

I just have one doubt :unsure: : the 5v/6v piezo is it the kind that, when u apply 6v it starts beeping already (no circuit needed to make noise) or it´s just the piezo (being the PIC circuit responsible for generating the pulses for the piezo)?

Thanks,

Jeffo.

It has the oscillator drive circuit built into it. All that is needed is a DC voltage to cause the alarm to sound. The specified part is technically called a "Magnetic Buzzer." I think DigiKey offers full details to the part on their web site.

BTW, many have been built. It is an simple PIC project that works well.

It has the oscillator drive circuit built into it. All that is needed is a DC voltage to cause the alarm to sound. The specified part is technically called a "Magnetic Buzzer." I think DigiKey offers full details to the part on their web site.

BTW, many have been built. It is an simple PIC project that works well.

Oh, ok. Doubt solved... :D

It happened that I have some simple (no oscillator built into) piezos at home and think I could try some....not in this case though. ;)

I have used intermittent (beep-beep-beep) loud and larger 12V buzzers on simple circuits, but liked the fact that your project won´t need a PCB board. (sometimes I get very lazy on doing the PCB).

Thanks for the project and reply.

Jeffo.

You can build it with the standard piezo, but you will get a series of clicks, timed to the pin high, pin low sequence. At least you can test your circuit until your other buzzers come in. :P

BTW, I've built several, but used the 12F509 in place of the 12C509.