During a antenna hack on my 2.4Ghz Swann MicrocamII the white wire (+ 8V) coming from the voltage reg pcb board that is mounted in the plug originally, broke of at the other end. Given the length it should have come off the tx PCB I think.

Problem is, I have been looking at the board with a magnifying glass for a week now, (cross eyed by now, it's a very small PCB) but can't find a single trace of strand etc. where it was soldered.

Camera is very similar to the Hong Kong system, but the PCB differs from the one on RC-CAM project page. (This one is "2.4Ghz" )

For a close-up of the board see;

PCB CLOSE_UP

Please Help!

Edited by viper1

Oops, misread the post, thought it was the 5V wire that was disconnected. But I had problems understanding with the photos :blink:

Actually the +8V is not used!

You could just leave it alone (insulated!), or solder it to the empty pad that is at the right of the black power wire on the cam.

This pad actually is for the other version that has the Vreg inside the case. It's then soldered on these 3 pads,the right one being the input.

Edited by Kilrah

Just in case it matters, on the low cost systems I have toyed with, the +8V was used to power the RF PA. The Vreg'd +5V was for the camera and also the Tx's PLL or VCO circuitry.

Strange, maybe on the older ones :huh:

On those I've had there isn't even a direct 8V wiring. Only the 5V output from the reg, and only one power wire between camera and TX.

His TX seems to be the same as mine, that's why I am pretty sure...

Edited by Kilrah

RF PA, the Tx's PLL or VCO circuitry, Sorry guys, to say that I'm technically "challenged" when it comes to electronics is an understatement..

Got no idea what you are talking about.?

If this helps, when I power the camera, I do have a link with the RX, microphone works OK, but picture is dark red, fading to black on the bottom of screen.

There is some light change when I put the lens in front of the Cmos

Given the length of the wire, it is well possible that the 8V was never connected, Kilrah could be on the right track there. There was a blob of sealant inside the housing where the wire ended. Maybe I screwed up when reconnecting some other wires that came loose during my search, I'll check the connections again.

appreciate your help thusfar , keep 'm coming please

RF PA, the Tx's PLL or VCO circuitry

They all work if you have a link :lol:

Without the lens you'll have nothing meaningful. Try placing it corretly and setting the focus until you get a picture that looks like something. Then you'll be able to see if there is an issue or not. Be careful not to put dirt on the CMOS sensor.

Definitely have an issue, can't get a picture

Before I had a blurry heaps of nothing without the lens, but it was bright, now its dark, Like it hardly registers light.

Have you still got yours Kilrah? if so, would you be able to take some pics from the PCB?