Sign in to follow this  
Cyb

CamMan and pic12f508

Hello,

I have succesfully build the CamMan circuit using a PIC12C508. Now I want to build another one but I only have a PIC12F508. I made the circuit on a bredboard for testing purpose, and used a LED connected to the shutter output. I expected to see the LED to blink when I moved the stick full down and full high, but nothing happens.

How much time is the shutter output active?

It is active for 250mS. Glad to hear that your PIC12F508 worked.

Ok I reply to myself :)

This open collector output activates the camera shutter. It momentarily goes Low upon a snapshot request.

The camera I'm trying to modify draws about 300ma. Is it OK to power it using the receiver?

It sounds like a marginal idea to me. How is the Rx powered (direct 4-cell or ESC with BEC)? If it is via a BEC, you need to observe its specs (count the CONSTANT 300mA load as 1X to 1.5X sport servos).

You're right, it draws a little bit too much current. The camera works, but stop when all servos are working.

So if I'd have powered it using 4 direct cells, would this have worked? Is there any current limitation when not using BEC?

does powering it using the plane's battery and a regulator is a good idea or not ?

does powering it using the plane's battery and a regulator is a good idea or not ?
There are many variables to this decision. To keep it simple, just use a small dedicated camera battery that provides the exact voltage the camera requires.

Ok I leaved the batteries in the camera...

Now I have another question about PIC programming. How do you configure output pins as open collector like the shutter pin (asm instruction) , I read the datasheet but I did not find anything...