Sign in to follow this  
Crash Pilot1

Customs Charges

Hello

Can anyone please advise.

I ordered a RC plane over the internet from the US to Aiustralia. The plane cost $400 Dollars US . It was sent by DHL and arrived at their depot. I rang them to see when it was going to be delivered and they said the next day. I asked if there was any customs charges and they said that there didn't appear to be. The parcel was delivered O.K.

Four weeks later I get a invoice saying I have to pay $122.86 for an unpaid account for customs. This is the first I have heard off this invoice and they have given me 7 days to pay it.

Every other time I have had to pay duty or customs fee they make me pay before they will release the parcel.

Does this sound Right ?

If it is I have no problems paying because thats the price you pay for ordering oversea. Sometimes you get stung and other times you don't.

Just seems strange to receive a invoice 4 weeks later.

Crash Pilot 1

With DHL it will come after you've received the parcel. But it has never been longer than 2-3 days for me.

Kilrah

Thanks for you response. I will pay it but just wanted to check if this was normal. Looks like it is but the first invoice must have gone missing.

Crash Pilot 1