djsmokin

How many frequencies do cams have?

Hello everyone,

Newbie here with a question. How many frequencies are there with camera systems? I would like to build a small track with several R/C cars and color cams installed in each of them. Would then like a monitor located at each operators location.

Thanks for your time.

Usually 4, sometimes 8. They can be different from one manufacturer to the other, although it seems that for the 4-channel systems 2 frequency sets are dominant from all the different brands I've used.

Hi,

I believe there are ony four allocated frequencies for the licence exempt band if you are in the UK (or the rest of Europe presumably). I also understand that you are limited to a max power output of 10mW! This is the reason we generally try to use a higher gain receiver aerial.

Here is the mnf of the items that black widow and others sell. They are called Law Mate.

http://www.lawmate.com.tw/PSS/en/ProductsI...Item.aspx?id=24 They mnf alot of cool rf x'mitter and receiver items and will sell direct to you if you meet thier minimum quantity but that is usually alot more then one can afford. They also sell to alot of UK and USA firms who are NOT thier distributors but DO resell thier stuff. They are looking for both USA & UK distributors but that requires that your company sells over $1,000,000.00 in product a year so unless your a millionare do not try and be one of thier distributors.

Good luck,

baggs