Sign in to follow this  
tazdevil3000

landtastic problem

I ve done 2 model of landtastic for my helicopter model (see www.tinycopter.com)

but the system don't work properly with the 12f675

the first time it work properly without modify any setting (just turn the switch to initialise the light) it's olink and servo and ligh are working

shut down the system ;

and after when I power again the landtastic and do the initialising sequence it do what t want , it seem like the pic lost the prog

so I reflash the Pic and the same thing append , working first time and go bad after ...

sad.gif

Is somebody here have an Idea of what append , it's done the same thing on my two model of landtastic.

I don't anderstand anything

thanks

I suspect that when you turn your R/C system off, the voltage to the Landtastic is not going low enough to allow a proper reset. Either (1) wait much longer for the voltage to decrease before turning the Rx back on, or (2) unplug the landtastic from the R/C Rx, count to 5, then plug it back in.

If either of these tests cures the problem then enable the "Brownout" fuse setting on your programmer and reprogram the PIC with the new setting.

No , if I saw that to unplug the landastic from the receiver waiting a few second working good in several time I don't know what is the operation you ask me to do :

"If either of these things cures the problem then enable the "Brownout" fuse setting on your programmer and reprogram the PIC with the new setting."

I don't saw the setting that you tall me .

I've got a professional programmer at job , I 'm going to see if this function is enabled

have you more information about this ?

reggard

Before you do anything, try the two tests I mentioned. If you have tried the tests, please tell me what happened. If either helps you, then changing the PIC's BrownOut fuse is worth a try.

The Brownout fuse is a menu setting in the PIC Chip programming system. What programming system are you using? Is it ICProg, PICALLW, or something else?

If you provide your email address to me I will send a hex file to you with the brownout fuse already changed. But, you can do this in the PIC programmer too.

my serial programmer (with no debug) is a Velman kit with a trademark (not open) software.

I'd'like to have the new hex if U can do it , it's very cool for me

here is my adress sgravit-AT-free.fr

regard

Sebastien gravit

I'd'like to have the new hex if U can do it , it's very cool for me

Sounds good. Once you perform tests I mentioned, and confirm either cures the problem, then I will create the special hex file for you.

yes , with the test you ask me to do , when I unplug the landtastic for 5 second and plug it again it's working any time

If I don't do that the reset is wrong

I think the solution that you ask me should working

I look for my pogramer there is no the fuse setting option so I think that a modified Hex file is the good solution

my work programer do not working with 12f675 flash pic

so I'm waiting for the hex file

another thing with bad RX , when you turn of the tx , the rx move all the servo in several way like it appear to do when your are jamed with another TX on on another freqency

This could perturb the landstatic ? I think so ?

thanks a lot

regard , Sebastien Gravit

So I'm waiting for the hex file

Hex file sent. Please let me know how it works out.

I look for my pogramer there is no the fuse setting option so I think that a modified Hex file is the good solution

It would be very odd if it did not have such a feature. It is a vital requirement. The menu may be called "Config " or "Fuse" (but it is hard for me to guess what they called it in your system). Maybe another Vellman user will offer some advice.

Another thing with bad RX , when you turn off the tx , the rx move all the servo in several way like it appear to do when your are jamed with another TX on on another freqency. This could perturb the landstatic?

That will NOT cause any problem for Landtastic or its servo. But for the safety of your other servos, never turn off the Tx until the Rx is off.

Try this for Velleman K8048, in case you have an old version. Supports the 12F675.

In the "Config" section click on "Change". The bit is the "BODEN" one.

Regards,

Kilrah

Progpic.zip

thanks for all , it's just that with the original hex file , this menu in the vellman kit prog interface was frozen.

I do the modif of the prog at work on a more performer prog (pin-master48) enable to me the possibility to defroze the config menu and to have choise to modify the config word (boden).

no all is working with no probleme , the light turn on anytime i switch them.

I'will try the new hex file tonight (I'm in France) and see if there is a difference with the new vellman software

another question what are the modification in the program to use a 12f629 pic , cause I need a 12f675 for testing anoteher application.

is there the osc value coruption probleme with a 629 cause the adress 03ffH don't seem to exist.

I'm starting to prog with that pic family .... need to work ..! java script:emoticon(':)')

smilie

Thank's a lot for all..!

regard

to kylrah ,

I add to test your video product for RCM , I waiting for Pierre Weck that I sent me the équipment .

Do you want to tell me specialy thing for the article about your product ?

you can contact me at this adress ; sgravit-AT-free.fr

regards ,

I've good a good version of software that I modified who working if you are interrested

Thanks, but I am interested in the results of the hex file I sent to you.

Thanks for letting me know the revised hex worked for you.

As described in the web published project, the Landtastic supports the PIC12F629 and the PIC12F675. You may use either.