kd7ost

New PDC-10's for sale

Inside of a couple weeks, I'll have some new, tested, un-used PDC-10's available for sale. This is the last of them. I'll have about 10 to let go. I'll be selling them at U-nav's same price of $110.00 each plus S&H. 6.00 in the US. A little more for out of country. I have no hardcopy of manuals but have the original on disk. I will e-mail a manual in a word document to anyone who buy's a unit.

Dan

Edited to include,

I now have these available. These interface to a handheld GPS unit and provide rudder steering commands to follow a route or "goto" a waypoint you have selected in the GPS unit. You need to use a GPS that has a serial output.

Dan

Edited again to include,

Thanks all. These are no longer available.

Dan

Edited by kd7ost

Inside of a couple weeks, I'll have some new, tested, un-used PDC-10's available for sale. This is the last of them. I'll have about 10 to let go. I'll be selling them at U-nav's same price of $110.00 each plus S&H. 6.00 in the US. A little more for out of country. I have no hardcopy of manuals but have the original on disk. I will e-mail a manual in a word document to anyone who buy's a unit.

Dan

Edited to include,

I now have these available. These interface to a handheld GPS unit and provide rudder steering commands to follow a route or "goto" a waypoint you have selected in the GPS unit. You need to use a GPS that has a serial output.

Dan

Edited again to include,

Thanks all. These are no longer available.

Dan

Dear Mr Dan,

I am interested in one piece of PDC 10. let me know how do I contact you.

SUNEEL

I have had a few guys still asking me if I have any of the original UNAV PDC-10’s left. Enough interest that I’m considering having another small batch made up if there is enough interest. I sold them off at a discount last time as I got them on a good deal but this time have to start with going to a board house and fund the build from scratch. This means they will sell at the original UNAV price of 150.00 plus 6.00 S&H. If you use paypal I will also have to charge a token fee to cover what paypal charges. Probably an additional 4.00.

How much interest is there among you guys before I commit?

What is a PDC-10? This unit interfaces between a handheld GPS with a serial output with the output set to NMEA 0183. Prior to takeoff you select a route or a waypoint in the GPS. As long as the PDC-10 is disabled through a spare channel it is transparent to the steering pulse. I employ it on rudder for steering with yaw and have a co-pilot for roll and pitch control. It is a true failsafe mechanism for certain conditions. When you enable the device, it will take over steering control and guide your aircraft to the waypoint(s) pre-selected. The manual would be available in PDF-form.

I don’t use it to fly autonomously although it can be done. I use it in conjunction with a PCM radio on flights that stay with the range of my RC system. It prevents the chance of a fly away due to outside interference or many other catastrophic type flight scenarios. A must for flying by video if you accidentally stray outside the range of your RC system. Coupled with a handheld GPS and a co-pilot, the plane will fly right back to you.

Ring in here if you’re interested. This will determine if I invest in a board run.

Dan

I apologize all. I thought I found everywhere I posted this and updated the information. I forgot this one. I wasn’t able to swing a satisfactory deal with owner of the code.

But, there’s good news anyway. There is a replacement unit available. It is being sold in kit form or ready to use by radiohound. Check out the details here.

http://www.rc-cam.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=666

Dan