Sign in to follow this  
philthyy

black and white section across screen...

I have this strange black and white section of the screen, like a two inch thick bar across the image. Everything is sharp and clear, even in the black and white section, but it still drives me nuts. Its been there on every flight I've had, and I've been ignoring it, but was wondering if there is something I can do to fix it. Before I ever flew my plane, I bent up the GP Patch antenna accidently(the monitor fell on it in the back of my van during transit) So I was wondering if this is a symptom of an antenna problem or is it just my cheap camera? I only paid $90 for the CCD camera and TX and RX so I wouldn't be surprised if its just the camera, but I did use the camera without the patch antenna on a ground based RC truck without ever seeing this black and white line. Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Someday I plan on getting a 480 line 5 volt camera, but thats down the road...

Bars are often a symptom of interference from noisy DC power or external RFI/EMI sources. But, defective equipment could cause it too. If you think it is from a bad monitor, then try the monitor on your VCR or camcorder. You can also plug your CCD camera into the VCR or camcorder to see if it is the troublemaker. Just troubleshoot by way of substitution.