Sign in to follow this  
BartGalambos

GPS Telemetry, and Video Overlay

Hi,

This is what I want to accomplish. I already have purchased the wireless video camera, tx and rx. I wish to have a video overlay that puts my call sign and GPS info on tv (video overlay). I also wish to downlink the GPS info so I can track the location of my RPV on the laptop.

What components do I need to make this all possible?

Is there a vendor that sells a package?

Thanks,

Bart

KI4KFJ

Bart, Mr. RC-Cam is working on a video overlay right now as am I at www.klarichelectronics.com. I am close but not finished with my system and it does have the option of transmitting data back for use on a laptop.

I am working on a new revision of my diversity video receiver that I sell and then I will be getting back to the video overlay.

How small do you need it to be, size and weight.

Thanks,

Matt Klarich

Thanks for replying Matt....

I will be purchasing a Bergen Observer, so size and weight shouldn't be too much of a problem. However, I also built a seaplane to be utilized as a video ship. The empty hull will be filled with electronic gadgets! So of course weight and size matters, so it can be fitted in different applications.

I think I can piece together the components, but it will be a couple of months before it is necessary and I am very excited about the VO that Mr. RC Cam is engineering!

Bart