Sign in to follow this  
ogm94

Nav Light Problem

Sorry if this is a dulicate of another post. I searched the forum and read all the posts I could find on the Nav Light Project. Being new to PIC programming, I purchased the Microchip PCKit Flash Starter Kit. I did not realize it when I ordered it, but it only programs the flash parts. Having a little background in Microcontrollers, I thought I would give the 12F508 part a try with your Nav Light code.

I thought this should work... correct me if I am wrong. Anyway, after it is programmed, and installed the PIC in the circuit, the status light behaves somewhat like it is described when the transmitter is off, the LED remains mostly on and periodically (at the same rate as the servos appear to glitch) it flashes. Once the Tx is turned on, the LED goes out and flashes out the glitches. If I start with the tx on, the status LED stays out. The strobe circuit does a double blink and a pause... very scale looking :). The landing light circuit is not on. When I move the stick low and then high, the landing light circuit still does not operate. What I do notice after I cycle the stick is the glitch counter now flashes one glitch. Each time I repeat the above, the counter increments.

I have checked the ATV, Mix settings and still no joy. As a diagnostic step, I tried to switch from wink to blink on the strobe. I cannot seem to change that either.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Alvin

It sounds like the factory stored OSCAL value was overwritten when you programmed the PIC. That would cause the symptoms you described.

You da man... B) must have blown away the OSCAL while I was learning to use my programmer... not sure how. Stole a cal value (must be close enough) from one of my other PICs and forced it to change.

Thanks,

Alvin