Sign in to follow this  
altitudeap

Split screen Video?

i have a Black widow av transmitter and reciver. is it possible to make a ciruit that would let me input 4 video sigals into it and then transmitting through the downlink. Like in a security system 2x2.

The easiest way might be if you have four of the same cameras and could disconnect three of the ccd clocks and run all four of the cameras off one camera's ccd clock. Then use a 4-way switch like a 4066 silicon bilateral switch controlled by a PIC to toggle between the four cameras at the desired time. Of course, you would only see one quarter of each camera's viewing angle, but otherwise you would need to FIFO buffer the pictures from all four cameras to phase correct them. If you want full viewing angle, then you might want to look for a ready-made solution, because that is a lot of work.

It takes a substantial amount of electronics to do the task. One solution would involve a commercial quad video multiplexer (they are used in security systems). You could remove it from the case, muntz off all the connectors and fluff, then mount it on the model. But here's the problem: the smallest units I have seen to date have boards in them that are probably 8" square. With luck you will find something small and affordable.

Here is one example of what I am talking about (there are hundreds of models out there):

Video Multiplexers