camera movement follow headset movement

Weatrer perfect this morning, I fly :)

Gyro work well, I had no difficulty to control the cam with my head and forget to use joystick, it's so natural to contol the cam with head. You will have to wait for the video, my priority when the sun is there is to play outside :)

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great

I found beautifull new places to fly like you can see. This was the third time I fly with gyro, Perhaps some experiment with gyro on aileron to stabilise the wing, I can also try to add weight at the end of the two wing to slow movements due to light breeze. I always found something new to try :)

Edited by Vrflyer
Great

I found beautifull new places to fly like you can see. This was the third time I fly with gyro, I will practice to slow down the movement of my head, I will try to add capacitor in parallel with the servo motor to reduce suddent start and stop.  Perhaps some experiment with gyro on aileron to stabilise the wing, I can also try to add weight at the end of the two wing to slow movements due to light breeze.  I always found something new to try :)

A gyro on the ailerons is a good improvement. It's amazing how well it works. I don't think you will have as good an expereince putting a cap across the servo motor so wakewatcher's suggestion is a good one. I have a JR9303 transmitter with servo speed control ;)

Edited by Temporary Insanity

Hehe, I guess there's no perfect transmitter ;)

If only we could take some of each and make a mix of all the good features of all the brands that are out there...

Edited by Kilrah
The 9C doesn't have a speed adjustment feature :(

But aren't you moving the servos based on the gyro output? Seems to me that if the servo has been at rest for some time then when you start moving it you could put some lag into it rather than jumping to the new position ride away. Likewise when you are approaching the new point you could 'slow' it down. For example if you are essentially centered at 1.5ms and need to get to 1.75 do it in steps rather than all at once. Just a thought. (maybe a bad one.)

I guess then I don't see the problem. I thought it was mentioned that it was jerky starting and stopping and so a capacitor was going to be used to slow it down. I'm just suggesting that if a capacitor would work then so would a 'digital capacitor' if you will. (Like a cruise control getting up to speed. When you hit resume it isn't a step function. Albeit with the gyro setup you wouldn't want such a long ramp up.) Maybe only some millisecs to catch up. So in effect you are combining position with a bit of velocity control. And as I think about it when you move your eyes your head is still pointing on what it 'was' looking at and then it catches up to where your eyes are newly focussed. To really model this correctly you would have an extra 'yaw' component included. Think about it eyes have yaw/pitch control (not so much pitch) in a stationary head. Perhaps it is this characteristic that allows for a smooth transition when moving your head.

Edited by wakewatcher

You will receive the user manual via e-mail normally by tomorrow, the time for me to finish translating it into English. Or meanwhile, if you read French... ;)

If you can accomodate your setup to use channels 7 and 8 there's nothing special needed. Just activate the trainer function, choosing FUNC on channels 7 and 8, and OFF for the others. When depressing the trainer switch you should see it work. The sensor calibrates itself while the LED is blinking - don't move it at all (putting it on a table is the best) at that moment. A short button press centers both position, a long one restarts the module.

You will receive the user manual via e-mail normally by tomorrow, the time for me to finish translating it into English. Or meanwhile, if you read French... ;)

Actually, my wife is from Montreal and is fluent in French. However, I think I'll wait for the translated instructions. My hobbies are on a "need to know" basis. I fear I may spark an international incident! :D