camera movement follow headset movement

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glidermann,

It is the reseller where I bought the last one !!! :D

When you call them now they said they cannot have it anymore, they just haven't updated their web site

but thanks for the info.

Today we made a flight with 3 waypoints succesfully. ( but I have destroy a glider :(

if some of you use google earth, you may want to see the trace of the Easyglider on:

http://serge.laforest.free.fr/videos/trace_au_sol.kml

( you have to save this file on your hard disk and open it into google earth)

serge

Edited by sergio123
vrflyer,

if your seagul recorder has an RS232 bus and if on this serial bus you have the datas you want to display on OSD, it should be easy to do a OSD fot that. you just need a PIC ( for example) connected to the STV5730 and to this serial bus.

The main problem will be to find a STV5730(A).

Yes it have the output with the data and it look easy to do for someone who like to do it... It will take me an eternity. Probably the cie will come with one before I finish

Also your engish is not bad at all, I see no error, perhaps because I'm french too :)

on the link below you will find the organisation of the system

http://serge.laforest.free.fr/drone/drone.jpg

Sergio,

Very impressive setup indeed! And I can see you've being working on it for awhile.

I have a technical question for you: did you see any interference from video transmitter and Honeywell magnetic sensors? It is something that I am struggling at the moment: I have HMC1052 on my heli and its output changes a lot when I power up my video TX.

Yes it have the output with the data and it look easy to do for someone who like to do it... It will take me an eternity. Probably the cie will come with one before I finish

Exactly what I hope, Seagull will release an OSD, they work on it...

Sergio,

Very impressive setup indeed! And I can see you've being working on it for awhile.

I have a technical question for you: did you see any interference from video transmitter and Honeywell magnetic sensors? It is something that I am struggling at the moment: I have HMC1052 on my heli and its output changes a lot when I power up my video TX.

At the moment I didn't cheked the reliability of the compass because , till I'm not able to get the euler angles from the gyro and accelerator, the compass cannot be compased. But what I saw in the past was interference between the brushlessmotor and the compass. So far I haven't seen interference between the compas and the transmitter.

Serge

So far I haven't seen interference between the compas and the transmitter

Thanks Serge. Video TX antenna on my heli is about 10 inches away from compass. And it is 500mW transmitter so it is possible that the problem is specific to my setup only.

I'm having some trouble with my head-tracking sensor. It was working fine, and now it won't center properly when I flip the trainer switch. It's all over the place. I think it may have gone bad. I've reset it and started from scratch, but, no luck. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Edited by docphi
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi

just an update for my project to make a tilt / pan camera. today the system works ( with gyro IDX300 break out module and one PIC 18LF252). Also I can use it with servos directly connected to the module ( for tests purpose) and of course works also connected to the transmitter. The module change the channel 6 and 7 of the transmitter to have the tilt/pan mouvement. I will post the drawing on my web page as soon as I can and let you know for the people who want to make it.

serge

@ sergio123:

good to hear, that your sensor works! Unfortunately I can´t find the gyro IDX300! Where did you get this breakout module? I want to make one of our devices. Can you predict when the pictures and maybe the software will be on our webside?

Thanks for your work!

Jochen

I'm sorry I made a typo: it is the IDG 300, not IDX 300!

the datasheet is here:

http://www.invensense.com/shared/pdf/IDG30...0_Datasheet.pdf

I just put online the web page about my project but it is not finish. I need to put the drawing and sorry it is in french :

http://serge.laforest.free.fr/HMT/HMT.htm

You will see some picture and a short movie. This evening I deleted the prototype to get back some components and I made a new prototype with more reliablity ( too much small wire on the first proto ! I will post also some picture of the new one

The software will be ready soon, but I have to travel in Lybia for 15 days :angry: . If I can release it before of course I will put it ( but I have to do the drawing also)

Regards

Serge

Edited by sergio123

For information, a low cost gyro will hit the market in few week, the price will be around $150 and quality will be comparable with the one I use in my videos. I will test the unit and give you my comment. I should receive the beta gyro in two-three weeks max.

-AT-sergio123:

O.K., I have to ask my girlsfriend to translate our page from french into german.

Your video looks quite good, but you have to reset the device often, don´t you?

Could you add a shetch of the wiring to your webside?

-AT-Vrflyer:

good to hear, that there will be an sensor for approx. $150. Do you know want are the differences the one from www.rc-tech.ch? Do they (rc-tech) offer the cheaper one? And what do you mean with "few weeks"? I realy want to get a gyrosensor, but over 300€ are toooo much for me!

Thanks

Jochen

@sergio123:

O.K., I have to ask my girlsfriend to translate our page from french into german.

Your video looks quite good, but you have to reset the device often, don´t you?

Could you add a shetch of the wiring to your webside?

Jochen,

The video I made was just after the camera start to move ( I mean first time I saw the camera movment) Now I have improve the software and it is much more reliable ( I had filter arround the zero position). I will do another video when I will have some "free" time". What do you mean by "shetch" you mean sheet ? ( I just add the drawing sheet to the web page. The cost to do it will be less than 100 euros ( the IDG 300 is about 72 euros, and you may get sample for the PIC). As soon as the wheater will be better I will do a flight with this module ( but I'm still waiting my LCD glasses ordered 1 month ago :angry: )

serge

Edited by sergio123

Hi Denis,

Yes I look forward to your results on this new head tracking device!

I guess you already looked into this but have you ever thought of using a megapixel surveillance camera? I heard the price might go down next year from my camera supplier.

BC John :D

Hi Denis,

Yes I look forward to your results on this new head tracking device!

I guess you already looked into this but have you ever thought of using a megapixel surveillance camera? I heard the price might go down next year from my camera supplier.

BC John :D

For now my cam is up to the task, high resolution cam are good for aerial video, but to fly FPV, the KX131 is perfect.

I won bidding on some Sony Glasstron PLM-S700E LCD glasses today which come with that particular head tracking unit, only potential hitch is I'll only get the glasses if they work properly, the seller is acquiring a new PSU (lost the original) and will only sell it to me when they know everything's working fine so as to avoid returning/refunding problems.

I've tried to find out information about the Intersense InterTrax but google searches don't yeild much information.