Sign in to follow this  
fracam74

PIC source code for CamMan

:unsure:

I m using the V2.3, dated 03-03-2004 (Mustek GSmart Mini-2 and Mini-3 Version)for a Polaroid PDC 3030. I did program a 12f509 with Microchip starter kit 1 successfully.

I would like you send me the source code to modify the program as described below.

It’s a low cost 3Mp. I did choice to use this code version because the PDC3030 Shutter and power-on are active at logic high level. Its goes off after 90 seconds. This is the longer available setting.

The issue is due to its power button. It’s a simple push button. Power-on in obtain after 3 seconds pressing the button. Power-off in obtain the same way or automatically after 90 seconds.

This is not an asleep mode but a real power off.

I will use PDC3030 to power the PIC.

I have two issues using this program with PDC3030.

First issue

I did workaround this one.

Issue Description:

As the Wakeup output goes down as soon as the Awake input goes up, it did not stay up 3 seconds as required by the Polaroid PDC 3030 to goes on.

The full text with picture is in attachment

On the picture T1 is the time the PDC3030 stops. T2 is the time when transmitter stick is moved to take a picture. At T2 the Wakeup output goes on and the PDC3030 is powered and the Awake input goes up. As the PIC V2.3 Program set Wakeup output down (T3 on picture) as soon as Awake input is up. Because the Wakeup output uptime is below 3 seconds delay needed to keep PDC 3030 its goes off.

Workaround :

I Use an RC network R=100K C=33uF at the Awake input.

This allow to (re)power on the camera by a transmitter stick action.

This take few seconds to reactivate the camera before taking a new picture.

Solution

Let Wakeup output 3 seconds at high state each time Awake input goes low .

Second issue is a nice to have:

I would like have the camera re-activated as soon as its goes off without action on the transmitter and this as long as RC-SIG input receives pulses.

regards

issues_integrating_Polaroid_EN_.doc

I would like you send me the source code to modify the program as described below.
Source code is not available.

As the Wakeup output goes down as soon as the Awake input goes up, it did not stay up 3 seconds as required by the Polaroid PDC 3030 to goes on.
I understand. The firmware is designed to abort the wakeup attempt if it exceeds 2 seconds. That was more than enough time for the GSmart camera. It is unfortunate your Polaroid camera requires 3 secs.

As the wakeup problem could be solved by external component (RC network) I would be glad you update the firmware to re-activated the canera as soon as its goes off. mean without action on the transmitter.

This could be usefull for everyone.

I might add that the next time the code needs to be updated. However, this is not the best solution for the GSmart camera (the one the PIC is designed to operate).

The GSmart camera's internal LiPO battery will be quickly discharged if the camera remains on when it is not being actively used. If the user is not taking photos at least once a minute, then there is no need for it to remain on. If it does turn off, then the next photo request will turn it back on. That keeps power consumption low and extends the battery operation time. I felt this was important so that is why it operates the way it does.

Frankly, I think a new software design is needed for your particular camera. That might be something you could to try to write (you know the logic required and that is a great start).