Sign in to follow this  
Guest Lemming

off-the-shelf r/c relays to close shutter switch?

Guest Lemming

I am wanting to trigger the shutter of a digital camera 1000 feet in the air by a remote R/C relay that will short the shutter button/switch inside a digital camera. I will tap into the leads on the shutter switch inside the camera and bring them out to a connector on the chassis of the camera, but then I don't know where I can buy an already-made plug-n-play COTS (Commercial Off The Shelf) radio remote relay to essentially short out the wires and cause the camera to take photo's when I send the signal to the remote.

If range is an issue, I will resolve that by adding an amplifier..that doesn't concern me much.

But I am just looking for a good, lightweight radio controlled relay to short some wires.

Thanks for your help.

Dan

Guest Lemming
This camera shutter control board plugs into any standard hobby R/C system: http://xoomer.virgilio.it/schieppati.m/pag...switchidx_e.htm

That's great....but I must apologize because I left this part out....

I don't actually have an R/C controller and don't want to buy one (if I can help it) due to price. Is there a R/C controlled switch (pair) that comes with a small transmitter and doesn't require you to have a full-blown R/C controller?

Thanks, and sorry for not giving enough detail in my first Email.

Guest Lemming

I think I may have found something that could work, but I have no experience in the RC world.

Is anyone familiar with these:

http://www.hobbytron.net/ce-ck1617.html

It says it's a two channel relay. If I can boost the transmitter a bit with and amplifier and maybe put an actual tuned antenna on it, it might get the 1000 feet range I want. I am wanting to control the shutter on a digital camera for a K.A.P. rig.

Why dont you see if you can pick up a second hand 2 channel rc system. Old rc car sets are cheap.

Terry