MrFlash

CanManXp on Still / Video controller on Challenger

Heres a pic of version 1 of my Challenger fitted with a Mobi 4 mp cam / vidcam above the wing. Its only a flying testbed at the moment but uses a CanMan XP to trigger either stills or vids.

The XP works superbly and is fitted to the rear of the pod on top of the wing.

post-5-1124300617_thumb.jpg

Edited by MrFlash

The custom expanded foam camera mount is interesting. Did you use a servo or is the CamMan-XP interface hardwired to the shutter switch?

Its the XP using the cam o/p opto directly across the camera shutter switch. The camera and pod weighs approx 115 grams so Im going to fix it to my Xtreme as well as challenger and see what happends. Hopefully the new pod will be finished soon and look a bit better than the prototype.

Edited by MrFlash

Is there a video output on that camera? It really seems to give good video, amazingly as it's only 320x240. The color rendering and brightness compensation speed are the same than on a KX131. Thinking of adding a small TX without needing the ground recorder...

BTW nice video. I love sunset flights. The view is just awesome, it really is the best moment in the day for flying FPV.

That crash is impressive! don't you think you have some sort of problem with the radio?

Edited by Kilrah

Hi Kilrah,

Yes its got video and audio out. It will take video at 30fps at 320x240, or 10 / 15 fps at vga. It will also do still shots at upto 2304 x 1728 or 2x burst at slightly less. Im just making another pod and attaching it to my Aerobird Xtreme. Ill post shots / vids as I get them.

Its triggered directly by the CanMan -XP using the camera out connector wired across the shutter. Ive got the "flash" leds enabled on the camera so I can see when its taken a shot , visible from from the ground to about 500-700 ft !!

Heres a still from the same evening

post-5-1124535419_thumb.jpg

Edited by MrFlash