Sign in to follow this  
dubbs123

Cam-man project problem

I have my pic (12c508a) programmed and wired into my aiptek mega camera and have checked all wiring and all is well. The problem I have is when I hook the camera up to my planes receiver and try to take a picture I can only turn the camera on and off but can't seem to take a pic. The camera still works using it when not hooked to the receiver. Anybody got any ideas????? All help appreciated.

Does the Camera's shutter button work manually (via finger press) when the camera is plugged into the R/C Rx?

... when I hook the camera up to my planes receiver and try to take a picture I can only turn the camera on and off but can't seem to take a pic.

I'm a little confused here. Are you saying the camera can be turned on and off via the R/C signal?

Yes the camera can be turned off and on using the transmitter. Yes I belive I can manually use the cameras shutter button and take a pic. (I'm at work now) I know that when it is hooked up to my pc I can take a pic using the software that came with the camera. Any ideas??

Yes the camera can be turned off and on using the transmitter.
Very weird. The design does not support remote on/off. If you wired the camera with the optional wakeup feature (Internal Battery Power wiring method) then the camera can be turned on remotely. But remote turn off is not possible. Maybe you switched the shutter output with the wakeup output?

There are two wiring methods: USB Power and Internal Battery Power. Which did you use?

Yes I belive I can manually use the cameras shutter button and take a pic. (I'm at work now)
Please confirm this when you get a chance.

I used the USB power method. I did try to use the shutter button while hooked up to the receiver and was not able to taake a pic. Maybe I just need to start over not sure.

From what I can tell, it is not wired correctly. Inspect what you have and correct the mistakes. With luck, the PIC will survive.