Sign in to follow this  
GoatBoy

microrc controlled shutter/exp?

I was looking over the rc-cam pages, and the thought occurred to me...

What's the feasibility of cannibalizing a Microsizer car... for the purpose of controlling a camera? Just yank the receiver out and attach it to camera. I'm thinking you could tap power off of the button, and then attach the left/right/forward/reverse outputs to the button itself. The receiver units appear pretty small, and a modified transmitter should give you plenty of range.

Any thoughts?

For use with what ? Kite ?

Terry

Not all devices, RC or otherwise, have receivers you can hook up to, be it proprietary electronics, or, in your example... a kite. So I figure it would be nice to have the option of remote shutter control independent of what situation you're using it in. Could prove useful for other scenarios as well; more than just RC and vehicles... Say, any time you want the camera completely physically inaccessible, but still be able to operate the shutter...

Ahh I see, just general purpose. It may be a bit better than an IR system but I think the range would still be a bit limiting. Also monitoring the picture may be needed.

Terry