Sign in to follow this  
aboyd

LoMA Question

Hi,

I have a question regarding the Lost Model Alarm project, I recently build one (Great little circuit). One of the features is the glitch counter, I noticed that if a glitch is detected, LoMA continuously reports the glitch which can be a bit annoying after a while. Instead of disabling the feature, is it possible to get it to only report the number of glitches once the radio is turned off and then on again. In that way you could know that you have got some receiver problems but not have a continuous indication of the glitches.

Mr.RC-CAM, do you every make any of your source code available for people to contribute. Thanks again for a great little project.

Regards

AB

The in-flight glitch reporting is suppose to be a feature. It allows you to fly-by to monitor the current glitch count. If excessive counts are heard, landing is advised. Source code is not available.

Source code is the human readible text that is used to create the machine language (hex formatted object code) that the microcontroller can execute. The hex files, which are provided, are all that are needed to replicate the PIC chip.

There are a number of reasons why I do not release source code. I have mentioned them in the past. However, the main reason is that my projects share C and Assembly source code libraries that were developed at the office for commercial use. These libraries are not public and I cannot release them.

The benefit is that the rc-cam PIC projects are usually commercial quality designs that can be built by hobbyists, for personal use, at essentially no charge for the software.