Sign in to follow this  
Vrflyer

I-glasses headset

I use I-glasses headset since four years and I'm still satisfy, I use the old model.

I think about buying the new model with higher resolution :

http://www.i-glassesstore.com/iglasses-video-hr.html

Cyber-flyer you have tried the two model if I remeber well, can you tell me if it's a good idea too invest in the new model, can you tell me if the quality picture is very good in the new model and justify the money, or should I stay with the old model.

Denis

Denis,

I haven't tried new i-glasses, I did had the old version at some point but sold it.

Over the last few years I had a chance to try:

i-glasses, old model

Sony: PLM-A35

Cy-visors, 800x600 resolution.

Olympus: FMD-250W

Olympus: FMD-700

Non of them are bad and perfectly suitable for flying. Cy-visors had the highest resolution but field of view was narrow and they were expensive. I think new i-glasses also have narrow field of view, like 25 degrees. I like wider field of view over higher resolution. My favorites are Olympus's FMD-250W.

Thanks Cyber

For myself, I need higher resolution for acrobatic, so I will try to buy the new model from e-bay at a resonnable price.

I like wider field of view over higher resolution. My favorites are Olympus's FMD-250W.

Same for me, I've tried a chinese model that has a 640x480 resolution, very good image but i still prefer my PLM-A35 because of the apparent screen size.

The best of all those I've tried still being my friend's PLM-S700 as they have the same FOV but with 800x600 resolution, that really makes a huge difference. Usually the glasses' res is lower than the camera's one, but here it's really worth using a 620 line cam. The picture is extremely detailed and sharp.