Sign in to follow this  
Mr.RC-Cam

F.S. BTA Autopilot System

For Sale: B.T.A. AS-05 Autopilot system with Height Lock feature and 2-axis solid state magnetometer option. $125 for EVERYTHING (+ shipping). Paypal or money order. Please add 3% to cover my PayPal fees. I need the cash for other projects, so I am not interested trades.

This is an old product (1990's), but it has never been installed. I have carefully tested it on the bench and everything works. Included is the main BTA AS-05 controller module (6.75 oz) and the optional 2-axis magnetometer (6.75 oz), for course correction. The AS-05 has the factory installed Height Lock modification. Also provided are the instruction manuals and the cables.

The system is designed to work with all the popular R/C systems and is essentially a plug-in installation. It connects between a model airplane's R/C Rx and the aileron and elevator servos. It must be used with a stable model airplane (non aerobatic).

The AS-05 provides for roll and altitude correction. It has an internal BB mechanical gyro for roll correction and a sensitive barometer for altitude correction. The 2-Axis Magnetometer sub-system provides course/yaw correction using a unique solid state compass-like sensor. Accuracy is reportedly better than +/-5%. It all operates on the Rx's 4.8VDC power. Total current is approx 120mA.

Here is a photo of the AS-05 module kit (pencil not included :)):

post-15-1127604058_thumb.jpg

Here is the 2-Axis Magnetometer sub-system kit (yes, it is included in the package deal).

post-15-1127604199_thumb.jpg

Although the two units are designed to work together, they can also be used on their own (or perhaps with other R/C model stabilization devices). However, I am selling everything as one lot. At the price I am asking, this is a exceptional deal!