lsalt

First official video from my model

Hi all,

Just thought I'd post a video I put togther of some of the footage taken from my

model for those who might be interested.

I'm using a home brew 20mw av solution its not perfect but I very satisfied with the results given what it is.

The plane has two CCD cameras on board one a Black Widow kx-131 and another an el-cheapo no name i bought locally here cheaply.

Plane is an own design/built .

I've recorded alot of footage with the 20mw solution however , its been enjoyable to try and get the most out of it mainly in the area of reciever antenas however I've decided to move on and I've invested in a Black Widow 200mw solution (what will I do with all that power !)

hope some of you find it interesting

cheers

Gilles

http://www.onfinal.net/camplane.htm

Thats not bad ! Its good to see someone else using low power, I was begining to think I was the only one. What aerial do you use for receiving ?

Terry

Nice video. I too appreciate good results that were obtained on low power systems.

I personally think that 200mW is plenty of RF power for applications like yours. You will be VERY happy with your new system.

Thanks guys,

Terry most of that video was taken using a home brew Discone antenna , their meant ot be good for about 8db gain . I have to admit my brother Eric is the radio geek out of us and has built the RF components, where I've been responsible for the model , flying and the video switching, so if you want more details on the RF stuff I'd be happy to get some details off him.

He is also working on a 3 way deversity antenna , its almost ready for testing although I suspect it wont be required with the new solution however we'll still give it a go.

Hi,

I am also very curious about the discone antenna. Can you give more info on that? Some pictures?

Hans Delemarre

Yes, I am as well, I would have thought a discone would give a very low level receive angle. I am surprised you are not using a patch or helical.

Good results anyway.

Terry

Great video!

The music reminds me of some of the Matrix fight scenes music.

Apologies for the late reply I haven't had a chance to check in for a while,

I'll asked my brother (hes the RF guy in the team) to get some details toghther on the reciever antena and photos and I'll post them.

cheers

Gilles

p.s. yb2normal thanks I'm glad you liked it, your right the music is by Matt Dugan it was used in the Matrix Films.

Its good to see someone else using low power, I was begining to think I was the only one

You're not alone, I'm flying FPV everyday with a 10mW system ;)

Will post some videos soon as I just finished editing a few of them, with details on my setup :D

:( Nooo... tried to watch this... domain expired??

Steve