Sign in to follow this  
JACK/PA3AXO

UAV Flight MP1000/AP30 autopilot

I have purchased an AP30 (former MP1000) autopilot and I am struggeling a bit to get it going. (see www.UAVflight.com)

Basically it looks like a nice device with a lot of features for little money(less than US$1000 including all sensors and GPS)

Most functions seem to work but the documentation is not quite up to date which turns it into a puzzle.

Support from the manufacturer is very moderate.

Things are quite difficult to tune (6 PID controllers with over a hundred parameters to adjust) and I am a bit reluctant to just start flying.

Is anybody else using this or another model of the same company.

I would like to share and exchange experiences.

Jack

The Netherlands

I have purchased an AP30 (former MP1000) autopilot and I am struggeling a bit to get it going. (see www.UAVflight.com)

Basically it looks like a nice device with a lot of features for little money(less than US$1000 including all sensors and GPS)

Most functions seem to work but the documentation is not quite up to date which turns it into a puzzle.

Support from the manufacturer is very moderate.

Things are quite difficult to tune (6 PID controllers with over a hundred parameters to adjust) and I am a bit reluctant to just start flying.

Is anybody else using this or another model of the same company.

I would like to share and exchange experiences.

Jack

The Netherlands

Hi Jack,

Hope you still see this massage after 5 years.... ahah :lol: , I'm looking for a MP1000 or similar product, second hand, by any chance you would want to sell yours? sent me an email if you do. I've use the mp1000, 2000, 2028, ya is not easy, lots of tuning to do and depending which aircraft you use too.

Best regards,

JulianTKP