Sign in to follow this  
ebayrcer

Parts List for CamMan Aiptek

CamMan,

I am very interested in setting up my Wingo with an Aiptek Pencam Trio that I just purchased on ebay. It looked so much like the 1.3 that I saw elsewhere so I went ahead and got it. Everything looks really similar, given that fact, I'm hoping that all of the circuitry will be the same. Here is the auction page: VGA Aiptek Pencam Trio on ebay. Do you think it will work, CamMan? I would appreciate any input you can provide. Also, since I am completely new to this facet of r/c flying, I needed a PIC chip programmer. I found this one on ebay: Olimex PG2C. Will this work?

Now on to the *real* reason for this post: Digi-Key no longer carries part # 1203PHCT in their inventory (obsolete product).

They now offer part # 399-1880-1-ND (according to the LiveChat sales support rep, it is a direct replacement which offers identical properties/features). I just thought you might like to know this to keep the CamMan Aiptek page as up-to-date as possible. Also, can you tell me what brand soldering iron you use for your projects (looked like a red unit in one of the pics on the site), or do I simply need a 30 watt temp adjustable iron? It's been a while since I did hardcore soldering of circuits, so I'll practice on some old PCBs I have lying around the house before I commence soldering on the Pencam.

Thanks for all the time you have contributed to this fun hobby!

- ebayrcer -

The PenCam Trio is vastly different internally (and very low resolution too). I do not know much about it beyond that. You will have to blaze your own trail to connect the PIC to it.

The link to the Olimex programmer claims it supports the 12C508, which is what the project uses.

Thanks for letting me know about the discontinued cap. I will update the BOM.

My usual soldering iron is a temperature controlled Weller solder station. Any decent ~30 Watt soldering pencil with a fine tip will work. A 1/32" chisel tip is good for working inside the camera.

::UPDATE::

As of 1/14/06 (yesterday), a Digi-Key rep informed me that Part # 399-1880-1-ND is now also obsolete, and has been replaced with Part # 399-4454-1-ND. This information also pertains to the capacitor in the parts list for the Lost Model Alarm (which listed 1203PHCT in the BOM on its page).

Cheers!

- ebayrcer -