Bob_H

12C508 RC-CAM source

Mr. RC-CAM,

I undrstand some of your reasons why you restrain from sharing the source code - actually, I am pretty grateful that you share the object code and the great instructions for the projects!

I was wondering though if you would be willing to share some advice about how to reproduce a rough, basic version of the microcode for the Aiptek Cam-man on a PIC 16F628

Reasons are that:

- I'm trying to build this project and I already fried all my 3 12C508a due to the "newbie low-budget hobbyst" problem.

- Apart of being thrilled about getting into AP, I'm also happy to get started into the hobby of PIC programming.

I already got my home-made programmer to successfully write the 16F628s that I have - created a few basic "led flasher" applications to confirm - and I am already giving up on solving the problem of uderstanding what is the difference with the 12C508

So, I thought an alternative would be to try to use the 16F628 as a replacement for the mercyless 12C508. All that is missing is to write the code, which should be fun!

I don't plan to use this further than my personal use and would of course be willing to share my results - if I get any.

Would you be willing to share some advice with me about, for example:

- High level description of an easy way to decode the Rx signal - even if it's not an improved, commercial grade one

- Brief description of the logic the Aiptek is expecting - in other words, how to fire the Aiptek

- Some advice on how to test the programmed PIC and make sure it's properly programmed before getting into surgery

I'll understand perfectly if you feel this information is propietary

Already thankful,

Julian

High level description of an easy way to decode the Rx signal

Just use google. The net is full of code samples for R/C decoding.

Brief description of the logic the Aiptek is expecting - in other words, how to fire the Aiptek

The project page describes the logic level details. If that is not enough then your DVM can help you determine what is needed.

Some advice on how to test the programmed PIC and make sure it's properly programmed before getting into surgery

Software validation is beyond a short description. Once you get into the project you will no doubt decide what is best for your validation regiment.