dalbert02

signal strenth meter

On the RC-CAM website, under special projects Mr. RC-CAM mentions he has built signal strenght meters. I was hoping to make one myself, anyone know where to start?

Thanks

-dave

"...Some have been hacked to include digital readouts that show Relative RF Signal Strength (RSSI)"

Dave, that really a project you are wanting to do yourself? I can make one quick and dirty for you, what receiver are you using?

Matt Klarich

Klarich Electronics

In case it helps, the old X-10 compatible Field Strength Meter is published on the project page. It has a host of features including audio warnings. Direct link: http://www.rc-cam.com/xcamfsm.htm. I also have PIC code for it to to allow use with the Lawmate RSSI voltage (avail upon request). It could probably be adapted for other video rx's that provide similar RSSI voltages.

Mr Klarich,

After reading Mr RCCAM's link, I think it would be great if I could buy one from you. I am using the receiver that comes with the systems sold by Black Widow. I really, really want one your diversity recievers too, but Bill Strong has not sold them for a number of months now. Do you have an ETA on them by any chance?

Thank you MR. RCCAM, I don't know how I missed that tutorial on your page.

-dave

KI4HVT

dalbert02 (AT) yahoo (DOT) com

Edited by dalbert02