Sign in to follow this  
flyboy03051

Lost Model Alarm kit?

I am interested in making the lost madel alarm but don't really want to buld/buy a programer. Are the pre-programmed chips available or is there a kit availalbe to buy ?

Thanks,

Bob

PS: I think the glitch counter is a great option.

There are two situations in which a lost-model alarm should work:

1. on soft landing in a difficult location, power probably still connected, so alarm can be activated by RC or by loss of signal, and more importantly

2. on crash landing in a difficult location, power probably disconnected, so the alarm has to have independent power and be activated even if there is no power.

One simple solution might be getting one of those musical cards. Some versions are very loud. The music maker part weighs near to nothing and is powered by its own little battery. They are kept silent by a little plastic tab between the power switch. Set it up so that either on a forcefull impact the tab is pulled out by g-forces, or on loss of signal by an electromechanical pull.

The 'lady's alarm' which produce well over 100dB often work on the same principle of a pin disarming them. But they often need more force to activate and are usually heavier.

Setting either up so that g-forces would activate is easy enough. But, not being an active electronics tinkerer, I haven't figured out how to activate in case of loss of signal.

Both of the above are very cheap relative to e.g. the radio signal transmitting solutions.

Edited by Arthur P.

The LOMA is activated by loss of R/C signal. Powering it from an independent power source is allowed too.

Look my video ( 9 megas Divx :)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=36I71G3A

server 2

http://rapidshare.com/files/3730018/FailSa...SafeBipper.divx

In the video, you can see like flying FPV, suddenly, I lose r/c singal an the Fail-Safe,s "siren" begins to whistle and I lose the airplane control. Then I recover the model control and the "siren" stop.

This happens becouse I flew behind a container, and it blocked me the r/c signal. The airplane continued flying and the r/c singnal was recover lucky.

To listen the "siren" I conected a Mic to the audio Tx input and use earphones

This video show a very useful utility in thi sheap device :)

Edited by sergio00

Cool Sergio! I have thought of doing that myself, as I often fly quite far away and this way I would know if I'm starting to get glitches or beginning to get intermittent loss of control! Very useful!

I can assure you that with some planes you don't need one to notice the glitches :wacko:

LOL....sounds like the voice of experience!

Kilrah :D

If you dont have an obstacle like the video case, you dont lose signal suddenly. As you flight far, you will listen a short "bip", then if you continue moving away, the "bips" will be more frequent and longer and you will lose R/C control for few seconds. If you continue movin more away, you will have more seconds without control than control. If you continue flying away and dont come back to you,, you will lose the total control and will lose the airplane.

You will not lose the r/c control suddenly, you will lose control little by little giving you time to correct. In PPM you must add the crazy servos movement in those seconds without control.

So I think that this cheap device is useful when you do long rangeĀ“s tours.

Edited by sergio00