Sign in to follow this  
teleheli

Software dashboard

Many here have setup a moving map display consisting of a gps unit, tinytrac, and shareware for ploting the map on a laptop. Has anyone as of yet written software to display this info as a dashbord with moving needle gauges, and perhaps a location grid? Many here are already recieving the needed info through the receiver audio out / mic in on their laptop, so I would believe that all is left is writting the software. I know cyberflyer has already learned how to read the packets when doing his gps antenae software. Is anything in the works?

A good starting place might be:

http://uavfun.tripod.com/database/Software/index.html

Is UAVFUN still around?

He has the source code available for download.

This is who I was talking about in the Telemetry -> Artificial horizon?, what would it take to build discussion.

UAVFUN if you still read these send me a message please!

Thanks,

Mike

The format of the data and getting what you need out of it is the easiest part.

The slightly more complicated part is getting it from AGWPE. But there are good example of that.

It's actually written in C++., but yes... the good ol' days of Pascal... I started my Tech career as a Macintosh programmer. The Mac was all in Pascal back then.

If you want to try it out, I compiled it and placed it up on the cvs server at http://www2.rconline.ca/horde/chora/ in the uavgs folder.

But what we really need is someone into continuing this who knows C++.

Any takers??????

I might add to it at one point, but right now I already have too many active projects.

I sent UAV_FUN an e-mail. Maybe with some encouragement from others he would continue working on it.

Cheers,

Mike

Just to say that I took a closer look at the UAV Ground Station by UAV_FUN.

Alot of the basics are in place, but there is still quite a bit missing. But it would be a fun project to handle.

I think the first thing that is realy needed in all this is something beter than the TinyTrack to get the data back to the ground.

Not everything we will want to do will fit into an APRS packet.

So basically what we need is the TiniTrack withouth the APRS encoding.

There is a project called Son of Tiny Track that could most likely be used for this.

I'm going to open up a new hread here to see if anyone is interested n doing some development work.

Cheers,

Mike