Sign in to follow this  
tstrahonja

ebay 1.2ghz 800mw wireless cam patch antenna

hello all

i recently bought 800 mw 1.2ghz system from ebay...it costed me about 10$ +30$ shipping..hmmm..

i put cam on a butterfly slowflyer and we flew indoor and cam works just fine...

however when winter ends we are planning to put cam on my sailplane f3j(stork) so i need bigger range...

we tested it and ground to ground range was about 250 meters...

ive read some stuff about homemade patch antennas

so i was wondering has anyone tried that kind of patch antenna(gp patch) on 1.2 ghz 800 mw ebay system..

what can expected range be using that antenna?

and good suggestions how to reduce dropouts..

thanx

If you are using the stock whip antennas now, then a 1.2Ghz Patch antenna on the Tx would nearly double your practical range in an open field, line-of-sight, aerial R/C application.

thanx for the answer

i am using stock antenna ...double range sounds good...

ive measured my range w no airplane....just took my cam in hand and sit into the car ,reseted kilometers and drive away...

so that was ground to ground range..ive heard that range increases when ground to air...is that true?

alrighty then...thats good news..now i just have to make that gp patch and hope for a sunny day and try it out...cant wait:)

thanx for the help guys

i have the same one, but i got it for 20+10 shipping. it only has 500 feet or range, and i made it a lot longer by attaching a really long tv cable where the antenna goes, putting a connector on the end of it, and attaching the antenna to it. it doubled the range, so if you mod the antenna, it could get up to four times the range. or you could find a huge tree, and tie the tv cable to it. just some ideas.